Network Engineer II
This position assists in the design and maintenance of both the hardware and software necessary for a hardened computer network. Provide high level technical analysis with a specialty in Local Area Networks (LANs) or Wide Area Networks (WANs). Focus on network design, performance, maintenance, problem resolution and hardware configuration
* Assist in design, configuration, testing, and maintenance of LAN/WAN equipment and related services for Web support
* Identify, diagnose, and resolve complex network problems and assist/train junior staff
* Assist in the selection of network devices and policies that adhere to Security guidelines
* Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
* Maintain and support company's LAN/WAN environment and Web Hosting Services
* Daily maintenance, problem resolution and hardware configuration
* Perform maintenance of all Firewalls and attend Firewall Review Board meetings
* Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and act as an escalation point for junior staff
* Obtain and maintain required certifications
* Assist in the definition and policy making of network and security protocols.
* Comply with all security policies and procedures, to ensure that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability is maintained.
* Education or experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering
* Minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
* Current CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) or JNCIP (Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional) certification.
* Hands-on experience implementing and administrating network devices, setting and maintaining policies and rights within a network environment
* Extensive knowledge with the following equipment or disciplines:
* Content Switches/Load Balancers
* Cisco and HP network switches
* Cisco routers
* Cisco VPN
* Juniper equipment
* Dell servers
* Strong understanding of Data Center technologies, securing local and remote networks and routing protocols (i.e. BGP, OSPF, EIGRP) and common network monitoring and security utilities
* A thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking
* Basic understanding of virtualization and its impact on network designs. Familiar with ESX and vSwitch technology.
* A practical level of experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPS, SFTP, SSH, SSL, SMTP, etc.
* Troubleshooting focused on determining hardware vs. software, hardware vs. firmware, software vs. operating system, network vs. application/systems, and patterned vs. non-repeatable problems
* Ability to prioritize and multitask
* Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Additional education and/or experience is preferred. The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor