Heads Up initially engaged with IntraEdge to perform a top-to-bottom assessment of their existing infrastructure and application services. IntraEdge’s AWS Professional team helped Heads Up by:
- Identifying gaps in security, operations, and reliability.
- Performing the AWS Well Architected Review for application and infrastructure, providing recommendations for security, operations, cost, reliability, and performance.
- Improving security posture for Heads Up by hardening their existing infrastructure with services like AWS GuardDuty, Systems Manager Automation, AWS Inspector, AWS Config, and Trusted Advisor.
- Improving operational excellence with services like AWS Cloudwatch, Athena, and Systems Manager.
- Creating a foundation for future service offerings and advanced DevOps pipelines using AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service.
The project successfully completed at the end of March 2020 with all planned items delivered on time. We were also able to accommodate ad hoc client requests with minimal impact on delivery schedules. The project resulted in a more secure application and a manageable and robust infrastructure.
Additionally, the automation that was implemented reduced the time that developers had been spending on infrastructure issues so they could prioritize their focus towards application development and delivery.
Stephen Henrie, the Head of Engineering for Heads Up, worked closely with IntraEdge. “I have been very impressed with IntraEdge and their willingness to partner with our organization during our initial engagement with them. I have enjoyed working with the entire team, they have really gone the extra mile to dig in and understand the needs of our business and to help us level up our application’s security and reliability. I look forward to working with them in future phases.”
Due to the success of this project, Heads Up is looking to partner with the IntraEdge Managed Services team for their cloud infrastructure management.
At IntraEdge, we help innovation stakeholders accomplish their technology goals through quickly identifying the right talent, delivering flexible professional services, and providing skills-based training. Whatever technology solution we deliver, it always comes down to the humans making things happen, which is why we believe at our very core that People are the Platform.